Whitney Larsen, RD, LMNT Positive Nutrition
*Recipe adapted from leangreenbean.com
- 1 pound raw shrimp OR boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Juice from one lime
- ⅔ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup sweet thai chili sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger paste
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sriracha (optional)
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 (4 oz) package pad thai rice noodles
- optional garnishes: cilantro, peanuts, green onion *not provided
- In a small bowl combine lime juice, soy sauce, vinegar, chili sauce, ginger, garlic, brown sugar and sriracha. Stir until combined.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions (or save time and buy precooked noodles!)
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add ½ tbsp of oil. After oil has warmed add chicken or shrimp to pan, season with salt and pepper and cook through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining ½ tbsp oil, carrots and red pepper. Cook vegetables until slightly tender and add noodles and sauce. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Return shrimp or chicken to pan and add sauce. Cook 5-8 minutes.
- Move ingredients to one side of pan and crack and scramble eggs on open side of pan. Once scrambled, stir eggs into other ingredients until everything is well combined.
- Top with sliced green onions, minced cilantro and chopped peanuts, if desired.
Whitney Larsen, RD, LMNT – Positive Nutrition of Omaha