Whitney Larsen, RD, LMNT Positive Nutrition
Recipe Adapted from: chelseaysmessyapron.com
- 1 and 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup panko or bread crumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 2-3 lemons
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pound asparagus
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Grab three bowls. Add the flour to one bowl.
- Combine panko, 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, dried parsley, garlic powder, about 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- In the final bowl, add 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest, 4-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on lemon flavor intensity desired), minced garlic, and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Stir.
- Slice chicken breasts to the size of tenders (about 1 inch strips) or use chicken tenders.
- Coat chicken in flour, heavily dredge in garlic lemon mixture, and then coat in the Parmesan panko mixture.
- Place on prepared sheet pan. Use any remaining Parmesan panko mixture and sprinkle over tenders.
- Place the asparagus next to the tenders and drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165 degrees F.
- Optional sauce: whisk 3 tablespoons melted butter, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and 3 tablespoons honey in a small bowl. Add some pepper and parsley if desired.
- Remove pan from the oven and top with the honey lemon mixture, if desired, and enjoy immediately.
**Do not top chicken breasts with the honey lemon mixture unless eating immediately and aren’t planning on having leftovers since it will make it soggy.
Whitney Larsen, RD, LMNT – Positive Nutrition of Omaha