Whitney Larsen, RD, LMNT Positive Nutrition
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ large onion, diced
- 1 pint sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14.5oz) can Italian style diced tomatoes
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional: White wine, red pepper flakes, or spinach
- Toppings: fresh chopped basil, fresh grated parmesan cheese
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a sauce pan over low to medium heat, add garlic and onions. Sauté until slightly browned and fragrant.
Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. *Could also add a splash of white wine for flavor!
Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken the sauce slightly.
Put zucchini “noodles” in serving bowls and top with sauce, fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
Whitney Larsen, RD, LMNT – Positive Nutrition of Omaha